THE TINDERBOX

Friday, November 12, 2010

First Day Back

<3

Today is Valerie, Logan, Carter and my first show back.  We kept it a secret because... well... we had to!  (Grrr) Either way, we're excited to be playing.  The lucky folks at ____ ______ will be the first to hear our new tunes live... and they don't even know it yet.  Haha, it definitely hasn't been the first time I've played to a crowd who had no idea who we were.  Keeps ya humble, right?

Regardless... for any occasion such as this, (and considering that I am a girl), one necessary question is "what the crap am I going to wear?"  I mentioned this a few times on twitter before, but here are the rules that guide my style choices:

Rule 1: Liz is a cheapskate. 
             a. Liz likes to shop at thrift stores, Forever 21, Marshalls, and her mom's closet.

             b. Liz likes to use the free gift with purchase makeup they give away at dept. stores
Therefore, make do with what is affordable.  Fashion does not have to make you broke!

Rule 2: Liz needs help getting dressed.
             a. Liz shamelessly consults www.lookbook.nu to snag trends.
             b. Liz always takes Carter when she goes to shop because he has better taste of the two.
Therefore, there is no shame in stealing tips from others!  That's how trends start.
 
Rule 3: Comfort and modesty are necessity
             a. Liz is a clutz and shoes are therefore a high-risk safety hazard.
             b. Liz is a clutz and wardrobe malfunctions must be preemptively avoided at all times.
 Therefore, you don't hafta let it hang out to feel flirty.  Being comfortable in your own skin = WIN!

While I'm still not sure what I'm going to wear (...and i have to leave in 20 minutes.  crap) I did take the liberty of documenting how I did my makeup today... especially because I have been promising a makeup tutorial for MONTHS.  Soooo here ya go!



And by the way, that snazzy shirt I'm wearing is from our dear friend's company LETGOdwork.   We all love their apparel, please take a minute to check out their store.  http://shop.letgodwork.com/


Thank you again for checking back!
More love tomorrow.

Always,
Liz Anne Hill

These are all the products i use :)

Nakey Face!  I start with a moisturizer w/ spf 15

A little eyebrow shaping

My secret weapon, chap stick helps keep eyebrow hairs in place

I used a flat brush and dark brown eyeshadow to fill in my (formerly nonexistent) eyebrows. 

This is the eyeshadow pallet I used, dark brown, bronze, and cream works well w/ blue eyes

I put a base of cream shadow all over the lid up to the brow, and then added bronze around most of the lid

I then put dark brown in the crease of my eyelid and underneath the eye as well

er... sometimes spit helps the pigment stay.

I first lined my eyes with a brown pencil, this looks less harsh than just black liner

Then i lined the lashline and inner eye with black pencil, and swept the line out to make a wing 

I skipped a step here, first I put on foundation (clinique acne solutions... i LOVE it) and then pressed powder

Bronzer under my cheekbones to help contour my face

Then some mascara to finish

And VIOLA.        

2 Comments:

At November 12, 2010 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Administrator said...

Great blog post, a real public service, thanks! I just shared this with my daughter and her friends.

 
At November 13, 2010 at 1:55 AM , Blogger Sarah Jean said...

i like naked face liz :P just sayinnnn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home